I am going to LITERALLY (not literally) throw myself under a bus for you. But before we get to the bloods and guts and all that fun stuff, let’s start from the beginning.
Who out there is stressed out? Now, stress can range from mildly perturbed to blitzed out with clumps of your hair performing a base jump from your head to the floor sans a parachute, but whatever form it may exist in, let’s face it; we all deal with stress on a regular basis.
Stress comes in many forms. Waking up late for work and rushing to catch the bus, only to have it to pull away as you race to its door. Getting pooped on by a pigeon, spilling coffee all over your new white shirt, and being reamed out by your boss at work for something you may…or may not have…done. Stress is anxiety, is pressure, is tension, is strain is AHHHHHHHHHH . Ok, breathe…
Unhealthy way to cope stress
this is a list of BAD ways to cope stress
- Drinking too much
- Overeating or under eating
- Zoning out for hours in front of the TV or computer
- Withdrawing from friends, family, and activities
- Using pills or drugs to relax
- Sleeping too much
- Filling up every minute of the day to avoid facing problems
- Taking out your stress on others (lashing out, angry outbursts, physical violence)
Healthy way to release cope with stress
heres just some ways to give you all an idea !!
- Go for a walk.
- Spend time in nature.
- Call a good friend.
- Sweat out tension with a good workout.
- Write in your journal.
- Take a long bath.
- Get a stress ball
- Savor a warm cup of coffee or tea.
- Play with a pet.
- Work in your garden.
- Get a massage.
- Curl up with a good book.
- Listen to music.
- Watch a comedy